Thursday, June 10, 2010

Seriously Oxfam?????

OMG, this is not a raving, ranting post, just an S.O.S. being sent out in a state of complete exasperation by a completely mystified individual. Has anyone on planet Earth ever successfully gotten their name and contact details removed from Oxfam, the Charity from Hell’s, list? Please tell me how this is done, please.


Last year I posted about what a nightmare Oxfam is, how despite my numerous phone calls, written requests and a move clear across the entire United States of America, they refuse to stop sending me solicitations. I don't even remember what it is that they do it has been so long since I donated to them. In that post I mentioned a good friend who unwittingly gave to animal rights orgs, and who is still to this very day inundated with horrifying images of animals from orgs, including PITA, to whom she has never donated. In my compassion for non-profits and the difficulty they must surely have raising money in this economy, I removed that Oxfam post, hopeful that maybe Oxfam would follow through on its last promise to stop mailing me. Subsequently, I also raised the amount of my monthly donations to other orgs.


On Sunday I donated to the USO online with only one request, to NOT be added to any lists, snail or email. On Monday they wrote back to thank me for my donation and to assure me that I would not be added to more bloody lists. I questioned whether or not I had needed to be so harsh and defensive about my contact details with my donation. Then on Tuesday, Oxfam, who suck beyond belief and description, mailed me again. I have asked to be off of their list for YEARS now. I honestly believe that they continue to mail me with the intent of harassment. I guess I need to report them to those charity watchdog groups or my local Congressman. But I thought, it’s just Oxfam being well, Oxfam, as usual and I sent my request to be removed back to them in their postage paid envelope. Today the USO emailed me their general mailer. I’m not one to curse and swear on the internet, but insert a torrent of expletives. WTF???


Honestly, it makes me want to say insert expletive them all. It’s my money and why bother?? That is truly sad as I honestly budget monthly donations with the best of intentions, understanding that others are struggling in the world. Why these orgs cannot honor simple and polite requests from donors is truly beyond my comprehension.


I apologize for the negative post, but Oxfam deserves the slap, no a pummeling. This time I will never take the post down. I’m incredulous. I have another $150 in the budget for June and right now, I want to spend it on a new org, TED, Take Elizabeth Drinking! It will only help bartenders and liquor companies, but at least I will NOT be added to yet another ..... mailing list. Email me if you would like to contribute.



No comments: