Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Geniuses in Corporate - Suntrust Bank

This week I closed a recently opened account at Suntrust, namely because I found out that they received a federal bailout. I have no patience for Wall Street types who gamed and looted our financial system, all the while knowing that if it all went bust, the FDIC (taxpayer) would get stuck with the mess while they pocketed their enormous bonuses. It didn't help that Suntrust wanted to put a two week hold on my paychecks, yet have the right to immediately cash checks I write. I'm fine with the bank cashing any checks I write instantly, but I'm not so fond of them making money on my money while I wait two weeks to access it. If only I could charge them Pay Day rate interest on that short term loan.... So, though I live in NC, I still bank in Beverly Hills, ridiculous as that is. It's a shame also because the people at my local Suntrust office are extremely nice to do business with and those relationships help bond communities in small towns like the one I live in.

Anyhoo, as I was saying, I finally got around to closing the Suntrust account this week. Today I received a call from "the" Gallup organization who were conducting a customer satisfaction survey on behalf of Suntrust. Several questions in, the poll taker asked if I was still a customer. Upon discovering that I closed my account, I was rendered an unacceptable participant. HOW STUPID IS THAT SUNSTRUST????? And really, shouldn't those brilliant folks at Gallup ask that question first??

Wouldn't Suntrust want to know why people leave? It just might help them improve service and retain customers. The other part of this equation that was not lost in me is this. The next time you or I read about how outstandingly high Suntrust customers rate their bank, we'll know who was disqualified from TELLING THE TRUTH. This consumer satisfaction survey is clearly skewed from the get go by weeding out potentially negative respondents. I think allowing those of us who close accounts to share would paint a far more accurate picture of satisfaction levels with Suntrust. A big bank, manipulating information??? Say it aint so! If nothing else, the Gallop incident has confirmed my decision to bank elsewhere.

2 comments:

Bianca Buckridee said...

Hi Elizabeth:

I'm the social media engagement manager for SunTrust and I would like to speak with you regarding your experience. I’m genuinely sorry this occurred as this is not at all the experience we strive to provide. I'd like to touch base with you and not only research your particular interaction further but also, I’d like to capture your personal feedback. Can you email me a preferred contact phone # as well as a convenient time for you and I'll contact you? My email is asksuntrust@suntrust.com. Thanks in advance for your time!

Bianca Buckridee

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting in touch and trying to resolve the issue. I do appreciate it.