Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year, Happy New Moon!

It is with great pleasure and Love that I welcome you to 2008 and wish you a new year filled with all that your heart desires. To that end, let’s get to this all important first new moon. Its influences are potent for turning aspirations into manifestations, for the Sun, Jupiter, Mercury and it will be in industrious Capricorn on Tuesday, January 8th at 3:37A.M. PST. In this earthy alignment, we have a rare opportunity to set Abundance intentions, and the right aspects to attain them. Though especially good for improving your finances/career, Capricorn’s deliberate and determined energy can be harnessed and applied to any area of your life. I can’t think of a better set of conditions for setting New Year and New Moon intentions under. And remember that Saturn is in fellow earth sign Virgo, which will only amplify Capricorn goals’ staying power. For those intending to have more money, I want to share a ritual someone sent to me. Please write to me if you try this!

8th January, New Moon Check Ritual

1. Within 24 hours after a New Moon, take a check from your checkbook. Where it says "Pay to," write your name.
2. In the little box on the same line where you would fill in a dollar amount write "Paid in full."
3. On the line underneath your name, where you would write out a dollar amount in figures, write "Paid in full."
4. Sign the check: "The Law of Abundance."

Do not put a date on the check. Do not write a specific amount in the check. Put it in a safe place and forget about it. The Universe will take it from there.

Abundance checks are a tool we can use to create more abundance in our lives. They are written within 24 hours after a New Moon. Surprisingly, you don't need to believe that the check will work when you write it. Apparently, you will be amazed at the results, as you will see increased abundance in your life, in some life area. It is not always financial, but certainly in an area that you need.

There is a traditional manner, which has been handed down, that must be followed. If you do not have a bank account you can draw a check on a piece of paper and fill it out the same way - the results will be the same, more abundance for you.

It is said that many people are skeptical about trying this until they do it. After the first time they realize the power of these checks and do them routinely every month! Try it yourself and see!

Btw, I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be hosting the Angel Prayer Board that auspicious day! See the previous blog for details about that.

If this goes well, I have a ritual for the next new moon for increasing the Love in our lives. That moon will fall on the year’s first eclipse (February 6th) and will of course influence our Valentine’s Day experience. Speaking of which, if your love life needs a check up, please consider checking in with any of the talented Light Workers at 12Listen.com. My friend Shane can give you Shamanistic insights (which animal totem is shaping your love life?), Angela, Radleigh and Valerie work with the Angelic Realm (which Angel can help you find that special someone or heal the relationship you are in?) and astrologers like my pal Julia can tell you all about this year’s planetary influences on your life. We have a great staff there and at our new site, 12Angel.com, hosted by my esteemed colleague Audra Garcia. Congratulations to her and my friend coach, teacher and soon to be author Besty Jordan for launching their new sities last month. Through these portals a lot of Light is going to support people and that’s our Purpose.

In other astrological moves this month, the Sun enters Aquarius on the 20th, the moon is full in Leo on the 22nd, Pluto enters Capricorn on the 25th, Mercury goes retrograde on the 28th, and Mars goes direct on the 30th. Imbolc (point between Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox) occurs on February 2nd. Pay attention to the dreams you receive on this very special night for you may be given a key to your future. In the meantime, what we have before us is the opportunity to put the hardest working sign of the zodiac to work for us. Some people will see results quickly, and for others it may take a while. One thing you can rely on is Capricorn’s patient diligence. He’ll get to you in Divine Time. Just keep working and moving toward your dreams.

Editor’s Note: While my four planets in Virgo have tried to coordinate with the general calendar and get things out on the first of the month, it feels way too unnatural. That date is rarely in sync with the energies and rhythms myself and my clients are working through. On January 1st for example, Mars and Pluto were making cosmic mischief and we were in a waning moon, hardly the energy for that fresh start feeling that a New Year is “supposed” to have.

So for now I’m intending to send out my newsletters/post blogs with the moon cycles. I’ll still give you all of the upcoming dates and info of importance so that you can make the most out of the time ahead. Working with the lunar call to receptivity is my charge for 2008, so I’m going with the flow.

Happy Birthday Capricorn!

With love,
Elizabeth

Ps: On January 2nd, the BBC did a story on that video for peace I made with the students from N. Ireland! That was too damn cool! Thanks to NICIE, the teachers and students and all of you who have been so loving and supportive.

3 comments:

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

thanks for the shout out!

i've said it before and i'll say it again, you have a place in heaven if i have any say.

thanks for taking it easy on us old goats...

j

Unknown said...

I have been using the "New Moon check" for over 7 years now. I write it within the 24 hours of a new moon...like the 12 hours before til the 24 hours after. I do write the date of the New Moon in it... acknowledging to the heavens that I know this is the time for new beginnings and that I am aware that abundance sustains itself in everything in every way.
I place the check in a window facing east to 'catch' the rays of the new moon as it rises and I place all the checks in an envelope after 24 hours.
(Where I used to work, I wrote the check and placed it amongst white flowers in a vase on my desk)
I work in an industry that has very flex times concerning income and have not had an issue sustaining necessary income since I started this practice and HIGHLY recommend the use of this simple process.
If nothing else its a physical tool the reminds me that all I need is abundantly found in the place and space where I am.

Unknown said...

A colleague wrote to tell me that in the first week of the new moon she received a gift of $1,200. I know her very well so can vouch for the authenticity of her story and thank her for sharing.