Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Release Day!!! It's so exciting

Happy Holidays!!

Pardon me, but the festivities have already begun. Today the Cincinnati Enquirer is running a story about my producer Peas and his new chillout holiday CD, the one I posted about a few weeks ago. Cincinnati is his hometown. How nice that must be to have a positive story about yourself in the old hometown paper. Congrats Peas! You deserve it.



As I went to write this post my friend Diane emailed to firm up plans to pick me up from the train station in San Diego on Thanksgiving. The funny thing about this is that amongst my friends down there, a theme song for my visits has emerged over the years. Sung to the tune of “Dirty Old Time,” “Elizabeth’s In Town” is our chorus and it has had many a cheerful rendition, not all in a state of sobriety. Still, it’s great to have your own theme song amongst friends, and all the better that it’s to the tune of a famous Irish drinking song. Anyway, as I opened Diane’s email, the version of “Dirty Old Town” that randomly came on my iTunes player was by my friends Culann’s Hounds. This is an Irish band from San Francisco with whom I worked for a little while, about this time of the year two years ago. I was with them when they played San Diego and a small show at Camp Pendleton. That was way cool to be involved w a show for our Marines. Anyway, it’s funny how serendipitous things are at times.



So, with the Cincinnati Enquire story about my producer (did I write “my” enough? lol), one of my best friends in the world heading to the train station to greet me for the holiday, and a happy tune by other friends running through my head, I wish everyone who is reading this many blessings and a really happy holiday. Too cute, my favorite pub in Coronado is Mc P's, get it? It's clearly a Peas thing today.

And if you are looking for some hip, sweet holiday music, do check out Peas’ new CD “A Christmas Chill,” which went on sale this morning. To hear some of the music, check just click here. You can also make friends with and listen to the CD at Myspace and follow us on Twitter. Let’s rock this Yule tide!

Peas - A Christmas Chill (feat. Rachel Leslie)

With love,
Elizabeth

Ps: Did I mention that I just LOVE Spaces, a program on my new iMac? This thing is so bleeping awesome!!!!!!!

No comments: