Saturday, November 1, 2008

To Peas & Lori!

Can I just tell you how happy I am? This week has simply been awesome. That doesn't mean that it hasn't been without its challenges. On Monday we found out that my apartment has a massive termite infestation which has caused me to move my harp far, far away from the party crashers. The exterminator used the "tent" word. With only five more months on my 2-year lease, I'm blessing the little guys, accepting whatever happens and trusting that it's all for the highest good. Maybe I'll get to move out sooner than I had hoped to - Denver, Austin, Sedona - possibilities exist. Anyway, the week's good news came in on two major fronts, like a sweet reminder from the Universe that we always can choose where to put our thoughts and energy; termites, legal battles and moving or Lori, Peas and success.

On Thursday I learned that Lori Andrews, the harpist who graces my recordings has a CD that has made it into the 30 finalists in her category for a possible Grammy nomination. We'll know if it will be one of the five official nominees in about a month. I am just THRILLED for her! She's talented and innovative, a solid player who has been polishing her craft for years, but most of all, she's a genuinely good person. My experience has unfortunately been that you don't find so many of them in this town. That something this good is happening for someone who is kind and a consummate pro affirms all that I want to believe about life and the Universe.

And then there's Peas!!! I met producer Peter "Peas" McEvilley five years ago when he first arrived in Hollywood. His talent immediately landed him work on the "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" soundtrack. Instantly recognizing his considerable abilities and grounded presence, I asked him to work on my first single, "Hey Dublin." He graciously accepted and whipped the song into shape, and we have been working together ever since. He's also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in this town. This week we began a PR campaign for his forthcoming CD "A Christmas Chill." I heard it about a month ago and my heart chakra just blew open. For one reason or another I was having a bad day or moment and the Angelic voice and harmonies of featured vocalist Rachel Leslie, whose has toured as a backup vocalist for J-Lo, coupled with Peas beat-driven ethereal sonic bliss nearly made me cry. That the songs are in praise of Jesus/the Divine made the music all the more powerful. Right out of the box, AOL Music has offered to stream tracks from this CD for an entire month as part of its holiday programming. Honest, ethical and sincere, I cannot think of a more deserving guy for the success and I wish all good things for Peas and this gorgeous collection of holiday music. If you'd like to hear some of the music, check this out.

On November 25th everyone can buy it at iTunes or on CD at Quango. Until then, come follow "A Christmas Chill" at Twitter and make friends with us at Myspace. Additionally this week, many of my work mates just launched a metaphsyical internet radio network called Souls Journey Radio and my friend Betsy Jordan whose very first book just came out. My copy arrived on Monday. My boss likes to say that when one of us wins, we all win. Here's to success!

With love,
Elizabeth

No comments: